Although our office hours are back to normal, nothing is normal about the extra precautions we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients and team members. We are confident you will understand and appreciate these additional practices we have implemented.
Before Your Appointment
We call and/or text all patients a day or two before their appointment to screen for recent Covid-19 symptoms or contact with anyone who has Covid-19. If there is any concern about a patient’s health, we encourage patients to stay home until they are more comfortable coming to see us.
Preparing For Your Appointment
- Brush and floss: If you like a fresh mouth before your visit, please brush and floss at home. Unfortunately, patients may not brush their teeth at the office.
- Light jacket: If you tend to get cool, you might want to bring a light jacket. The office is a little cooler than normal to accommodate team members who are wearing extra layers of protective clothing. We regret that we may no longer provide comfortable blankets for patients to snuggle with during treatment.
When You Arrive
If you feel safer waiting in your car, please call us at 972-306-2273. We will let you know when to come in.
Screening: As soon as you enter, we will take your temperature and ask some screening questions. We also take the temperature of anyone who comes with the patient. We take the temperatures of team members and check on their health every day.
Social Distancing: We have reduced the seating in our reception area to maintain social distancing. Consequently, we are limiting the number of guests who can arrive with and wait for patients. A minor can come with one parent or guardian. Please do not bring additional children to the office if they are not scheduled for an appointment.
Masks: Patients and guests must wear a mask in all areas of the office except while in the treatment rooms. The mask should cover the nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one. We have added Covid-19 air filters in each treatment room. So the air is circulated and filtered to keep it safe for all of us.
Sterilization: To keep our patients and team members safe, we maintain strict sterilization protocols and follow all CDC and OSHA guidelines for dental offices and continue to review and upgrade our Covid-19 policiies.
- Air filters: We have added Covid-19 air filters in each treatment room to keep the air cirulated and filtered.
- Disinfectants: All touchable aread are wiped down regularly with a disinfectant to reduce the spread of infection.
- Reception area: We have removed all magazines and toys. Sadly we can no longer hand a fresh rose to each patient at the end of their visit
Like you, we hope life returns to “”normal” soon. Until then, you can count on us to take all necessary safety measures.