When it’s time to replace missing teeth, whether it’s one or a full set, several options are available to you at Flower Dental. Dr. Flower’s extensive background in restorative dentistry allows him to offer solutions that allow you to enjoy normal chewing and a full smile again.
Reasons to Replace Missing Teeth
While permanent teeth should provide a lifetime of use, it doesn’t always end up that way. They may be lost from an accident, deep cavities or gum disease. Teeth are intended to function as a full set. So when even one is missing, that can create a multitude of problems that worsen over time.
- Appearance: A missing tooth can make you feel self-conscious about your smile.
- Speech: You may struggle to speak so you are easily understood.
- Nutrition: Missing teeth disturb the complex funtion of chewing, which is a critical first step in digestion. Plus you can no longer simply enjoy many of your favorite foods.
- Damage to other teeth: When there is an open area between teeth, the surrounding teeth will slowly tilt in towards the space. Consequently, the upper and lower teeth will no longer hit evenly across the mouth. Unfortunately, this can end up wearing down and cracking those teeth that receive excessive forces.
- Loss of jaw bone: Over time, the lack of a tooth will result in loss of bone density in your jaw. This puts the stability of the adjacent teeth at risk. Long term, the loss of bone can make you look older before your time.
Replacing missing teeth with implants brings your mouth back to full function and well-being. Stunning porcelains replicate natural teeth perfectly, whether it’s one or more absent teeth. Single crowns or complex bridges can be supported by implants, with solutions for every scenario.
Sometimes a removable appliance is the best way to replace missing teeth. Whether a partial denture or a complete denture would restore your mouth to more optimal function and appearance, there’s a design that will work for you. Dental implants frequently combine with dentures for unprecedented stability and confidence.
Dental bridges have traditionally been a top choice for replacing missing teeth. With the widespread use of dental implants, more options are now available to bridge gaps in your smile. Esthetic, customized porcelains, engineered into a bridge can be designed to eliminate spaces of every size.
WE ARE YOUR LOCAL FAMILY DENTIST PROUDLY SERVING CARROLLTON, PLANO, THE COLONY, FRISCO, FARMERS BRANCH, LEWISVILLE AND ALL OTHER SURROUNDING NORTH DALLAS AREAS WITH GENERAL AND COSMETIC DENTISTRY.